Friday, September 22, 2017

Simplicity



This spread I did this week will also be posted to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I didn't originally make it with that intent but it worked out great. This spread was very simple and fun. I put distress oxides down all over both pages. Then I spritzed and sprayed and dried and added until I liked the outcome. Including just stamping the square ink pad right onto the pages at times. Then I used a large Dylusions stencil that has a great flowery print around the outside with fun random dots on the inside. I used extra heavy gel medium and went over the whole stencil in one direction on the left page, the I flipped it end for end and did it again to the right page. A day later when it was finally dry I spent several minutes just in awe of how it came out and the texture it provided. Then I sprayed the whole thing with silvery glimmer mists, it very hard to see if the picture, but in person it has a great sheen to it. Then I put normal white embossing paste through several word stencils, then I covered it in embossing powder, and I melted the embossing powder before letting the paste dry. Which gives it a fun squishy foamy feeling. I tore them all out, went around the edges with my orange wink a stella pen, stuck them down with foam mounting tape, and voila! It was so easy and so much fun, and is just bursting with texture, I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry , your pages are absolutely shimmer!!! Glimmer mist is visible and beautiful! Great work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete