Friday, September 22, 2017

Mother's Day


Despite this being the card I made for mothers day, as you can see I'm a little behind in blogging it lol. I had a lot of fun with this card. I went digging through random papers of various my mom and I have done throughout the years and came up with one of the melted crayon backgrounds that was rich in warm colors. Over that I used a swirly stencil and put versa mark ink through it, then I brought out the powdered pearls. Funny thing though, the color of powdered pearls I wanted to use hadn't been opened yet. See where this is going. As I was trying to get the seal unstuck so I could use it it slipped out of my hands and landed on the table, which made it go EVERYWHERE, including on the two dogs that were sitting at my feet. Lets just say it was months before some things didn't have a nice silvery/white sheen. Once I got that cleaned up, more or less, that stuff sticks everywhere, I got it on the card here I wanted it and off where I didn't. For the large flower in the middle I colored it with an embossing ink pen and then used embossing powder to give it the colors that I wanted. The grass and flower vines at the bottom were a sticker piece, as was the butterflies. The small gravestone at the bottom is actually a piece of marble chess board that broke many years ago that was then etched wit the phrase "here lies my piece of mind". I had been waiting forever for the perfect time to use it. A flowery Mother's Day card seemed like the perfect place lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment