Sunday, August 6, 2017

Coffee


After a couple months of chaos I was finally able to work on some art stuff. Deciding to get back to my weekly challenges with my mom I looked up the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, this weeks theme, food or drink. I briefly panicked cause I knew I didn't really have anything laying around that fit that theme to work with. So I decided to peruse the nearest art store and see if anything spoke to me, and something did, well a few somethings, but I only ended up using one. I decided to use a 5x7 canvas I had laying around, and began the process of the background. Layers of gesso, spray stains, mulberry paper, modeling paste, and glitter glue. I loved it more and more after each layer. Once I was satisfied with how it looked and the way the colors matched to the awesome coffee cup I found I decided to stop before I over did it lol. I added two layers of foam mounting tape and glue and placed the coffee cup where I wanted it. Overall I love how it turned out!!



1 comment: